Hello and welcome to episode 80 of the Public Sector Marketing Show.
Chat GPT has gone mainstream but public sector pros are reluctant to embrace it. I understand why, but it’s not a good enough reason to ignore this new technology that is disrupting marketing.
Chat GPT is like a wonder-drug - it’s addictive, gives you an immediate high, and you get immediate results. But like any drug, there must be a downside? In today’s show I share the highs and lows and give you a balanced perspective on this new AI tool that every marketer is talking about.
But what about ethical concerns?
Public sector really needs to put the public interest at the heart of any AI use and be very transparent.
So, I speak to an expert on how to approach ChatGPT in government and public sector marketing.
Are you curious or an early adopter of ChatGPT? Stay tuned!
Coming up in episode #80:
- ✍️ Column: It’s like a wonder-drug Chat GPT - it’s addictive, gives you an immediate high, and you get fast results. But like any drug, there must be a downside? In today’s column I share the highs and lows and give you a balanced perspective on this new AI tool that every marketer is talking about.
- 💬 Consulting: My advice to public sector pros getting started with Chat GPT
- 🎙️ Interview: How using Chat GPT can 10X your marketing productivity.
Column | It’s like a wonder-drug Chat GPT - it’s addictive, gives you an immediate high, and you get fast results. But like any drug, there must be a downside? In today’s column I share the highs and lows and give you a balanced perspective on this new AI tool that every marketer is talking about.
What is the ChatGPT AI?
ChatGPT is an AI chatbot that uses natural language processing to create humanlike conversational dialogue. The language model can respond to questions and compose various written content, including articles, social media posts, essays, code and emails based on prompts.
Is it worth exploring for public sector?
Yes. In fact it will be transformational for your sector.
AI Contentfy says: It has been trained on vast amounts of data and can generate human-like responses to natural language queries. In the public sector, ChatGPT can be used to improve communication, enhance public participation, and streamline decision-making processes.
How does it work?
ChatGPT works by attempting to understand your prompt and then generates strings of words that it predicts will best answer your question, based on the data it was trained on.
The power of the prompt
A ChatGPT prompt is an instruction or discussion topic a user provides for the ChatGPT AI model to respond to.
- How well you write prompts determines the quality of the results you get from the tool.
- ChatGPT prompts are designed to be open-ended and can be customised based on the user’s preferences and interests.
- 💬E.g. “Write 5 social media posts to engage the public on safe drinking water from this copy.”
This week I conducted a Chat GPT poll on my LinkedIn account and I asked the question:
Are you using Chat GPT(4) for marketing?
Here are the results. View post.
Want to learn more about how to use ChatGPT for public sector marketing?
Watch our FREE ChatGPT webinar Replay
Consulting | My advice to public sector pros getting started with Chat GPT
7 use cases for public sector marketing
- 🎯 Repurpose existing content
- 🎯 Brainstorming for campaigns
- 🎯 Master hooks and headlines
- 🎯 Identify customer support gaps
- 🎯 Turn technical copy into engaging copy
- 🎯 Write video scripts
- 🎯 Analyse big data
Considerations around ethics
🤔 ChatGPT can act like
- It’s accuracy is questionable
- It is only as good as the information it has been trained on
- Use it to see the inaccuracies for yourself
❌ ChatGPT can propagate disinformation
- Believing its authenticity and sharing online
- Shaping public opinion (misguided)
- Misuse in workplaces
👎 ChatGPT can perpetuate bias
- We train it to be whatever we want it to be
- Large data input to skew an argument
- It’s a robot in an app
✅ Organisational policy on its use
✅ Test and learn approach
✅ Build up test use cases before rolling out
✅ Operate with existing approved content
Interview | How using Chat GPT can 10X your marketing productivity.
Thank You for Listening!
Thank you for tuning into episode 80. If you are a regular listener, please rate and review our show.
Don’t forget to get in touch with your questions. I love hearing from my listeners, don’t be a social media stranger. Contact me at @JSTweetsDigital
If you would like to be a guest on the show, please get in touch. Email email@example.com.
If you haven't already, please subscribe to The Public Sector Marketing Show or your preferred podcast platform.