The pandemic has helped public sector pivot from slow moving and bureaucracy driven to agile and adaptive organisations. But there’s still lots of innovation to go and in this episode I’m shining a light on the Irish Government’s digital transformation strategy.
- > I share the innovative projects we are working on with our public sector clients
- > A digital transformation strategy
- > I interview Barry Lowry, Chief Information Officer of the Irish Government about Ireland’s digital transformation ambition.
Column | What is Innovation in Public Sector?
- Mindset of digital adaptability
- Willingness to test and learn
- Buy-in from staff to up skill and be involved
- User-centred approach and user-experience design methodologies
- Pilot innovation with small projects of quick wins
- Problem-solving opportunities
- Leveraging technology and big data
- Culture of best practice
Consulting | Projects That We Work On
Here at Public Sector Marketing Institute we work on digital transformation and innovation projects constantly. Here are some examples:
- Design and build of a digital skills academy
- Digital transformation strategy
- Digital skills training
- Workshop and idea-storming innovation
- Problem-solving work practices, systems and processes
- Writing standard operating procedures
- Testing new campaign approaches
- Creativity in digital communications
Interview with Barry Lowry
Barry Lowry has been the Chief Information Officer for the Irish Government since April 2016 with the primary task of taking forward the Government’s digital agenda. This includes developing the use of shared services, digital ID, digital services and data to better serve the people of Ireland and ensure that Ireland is well-placed to influence and exemplify the EUʼs digital ambitions for 2030.
Barry is also the Chief Adviser to Government on all Digital matters affecting the State and its citizens.
Barry was previously the Director for IT Shared Services and Strategy and Head of the IT Profession within the Northern Ireland Civil Service.
Barry is a Fellow of the Irish and British Computer Societies and is a former winner of the BCS Northern Ireland IT Professional of the Year. He was awarded an O.B.E. for services to the Northern Ireland Government and the Northern Ireland Computer Industry in 2017.
Connect with Barry on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/barry-lowry-09017b6
Podcasting for Public Sector
Podcasting is growing with exceptional momentum as social audio is embedded into citizens' everyday lives. In this free webinar, Joanne will share the podcasting method she has developed over six years of podcasting, plus as a former broadcast journalist.
What you will learn:
WIN our Weekly Show Prize
Also, get a 50% discount on a course of your choice with us!
Thank You for Listening!
Thank you for tuning into episode #62 to find out Innovation in Public Sector. If you are a regular listener, please rate and review our show.
Don’t forget to get in touch with your questions. I love hearing from my listeners, don’t be a social media stranger. Tweet me at @JSTweetsDigital
If you would like to be a guest on the show, please get in touch. Email Joanne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you haven't already, please subscribe to The Public Sector Marketing Show or your preferred podcast platform.