COVID-19 has resulted in mass digital workplaces, that is, people working from home.
So how do you manage a remote team and maintain good internal communications, motivation, and inspiration? In episode 13 I discuss:
- > The role of internal communications in the digital workplace;
- > Keeping your workforce engaged in a hybrid working environment;
- > A guide to internal communications in the Digital Age; and
- > I speak to Jenni Field, author of Internal Influential Communications and founder of Redefining Communications. Jenni shares fantastic insights from her book and her own Field Framework for success.
If you want to learn more about how to improve internal communications in the Digital Age, then stay tuned!
[LISTEN TO EPISODE #13]COVID-19 has resulted in mass digital workplaces, that is, people working from home. | #PublicSectorMarketingShow #InternalcommsClick To Tweet
[WATCH EPISODE #13]
Subscribe to The Public Sector Marketing Show or your preferred podcast platform.
I’d really like your opinion on this topic. Tweet me your views to @JSTweetsDigital. Don't forget to use the hashtag #PublicSectorMarketingShow
Keeping your workforce engaged in a hybrid working environment
In today’s column I’m exploring how internal communications has evolved in the Digital Age.
- > Let employees share their voices
- > Embrace technology to streamline internal communications – what platforms are you using?
- > Introduce rules of engagement to empower not mute
- > Be clear on your internal comms KPIs (e.g. Corporate email opens, Link clicks in corporate emails, Attendance for training or town halls, Social shares, Traffic results from social shares, Technology use - like logins, comments, time in platform, etc.)
- > We need everyone to contribute to digital communications – not just press, comms and social media staff (i.e. Employees contribute to the conversation and become part of the content creation process, becoming more engaged, involved, and productive.)
> Look for best practice case studies and test and pivot
Do you use data-driven marketing in your agency, I’d love to discuss it. Tweet me at @JSTweetsDigital.
A Guide to Internal Communications in the Digital Age
- > Keep your people more informed
- > Build a culture of openness
- > Increase employee engagement
- > Create trust and transparency among the entire company
- > Provide more digital opportunities for your people
- > Upskill remain relevant in the Digital Age connected
- > Create an environment of inclusion
- > Scale digital transformation
- > Advocates online
- In this episode, I speak to Jenni Field, Author of Internal Influential Communications and Founder of Redefining Communications.
- Jenni has almost 20 years’ experience in communications and it’s this experience that ensures organisations can improve their relationships and their communication.
- Jennie has kindly given us a 20% discount for Internal Influential Communications: IIC20
- Buy the book here.
- If you want to win a copy of Jenni’s book tag me in a Tweet with your favourite quote from this episode. @JSTweetsDigital and @MrsJenniField.
- WIN our Weekly Show Prize
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel or Podcast, leave a comment on any social network about the episode, use the hashtag #PublicSectorMarketingShow
- Also, get a 50% discount on a course of your choice with us!
- Thank You for Listening!
- Thank you for tuning into episode #13. If you are a regular listener, please rate and review our show.
- Don’t forget to get in touch with your questions. I love hearing from my listeners, don’t be a social media stranger. Tweet me at @JSTweetsDigital
- If you would like to be a guest on the show, please get in touch. Email Joanne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you haven't already, please subscribe to The Public Sector Marketing Show or your preferred podcast platform.