Long-form content is not dead. If I had a euro for every time I heard this, well I wouldn’t be presenting this show! But I am and I am here to convince you that long-form content is alive and well and in fact should be front and centre of your digital marketing strategy.
Content is the sweet spot between your goals and a citizen's need.
Content is the bridge that builds public trust.
Content is the reason that citizens act embrace the policy and legislative changes.
Content is king and long-form content is queen!
Coming up in Episode 18 of the Public Sector Marketing Show:
- > It’s time you gave your citizens a reason to listen
- > Why I recommend long-form content every time for my clients
- > I interview Allan Mulrooney, Head of Communications at the Western Development Commission about their long-form content marketing strategy
- > And I give you 20 long-form content marketing ideas!
So come with me on this content journey for the next 40 minutes and be inspired to create better and more conversational content with the citizen in mind.
[LISTEN TO EPISODE #18]Long-form content is dead. If I had a euro for every time I heard this, well I wouldn’t be presenting this show! | #PublicSectorMarketingShow #PublicSectorMarketing #ContentMarketing #LongformContent #DigitalMarketingClick To Tweet
[WATCH EPISODE #18]
Subscribe to The Public Sector Marketing Show or your preferred podcast platform.
I’d really like your opinion on this topic. Tweet me your views to @JSTweetsDigital. Don't forget to use the hashtag #PublicSectorMarketingShow
It’s time you gave your citizens a reason to listen
Often public sector pros ask me how to develop a digital marketing strategy that serves their organisation's goals. More often than not, I'll ask them to focus time thinking about a content plan - the who, what, why, where, when, and how of their story.
In this week's column I share my thoughts on why if you're not giving your citizens a reason to listen, then they'll scroll on by.
Tweet me your views on long-form content to @JSTweetsDigital.
Why I recommend long-form content every time for my clients
Content marketing with a focus on long-form content is a long-term strategy but it needn't take up your entire working week. Social media can steal our focus on long-form content as it is easier and quicker to produce and publish. However, we must remember that the Internet is made up of two parts - Search + Social - and long-form content really feeds our search marketing needs.
Interview with Allan Mulrooney, Head of Communications with the Western Development Commission
Since joining the Western Development Commission, Allan has led out on some major content marketing campaigns including:
- > Pulse of the West Podcast
- > #MoreToLife video series
- > Image Bank of open-source professional photography of all aspects of life in the West of Ireland
- > WesternJobs.ie
- > ConnectedHubs.ie
Tune in to hear how Allan and his team plan, produce, and implement content and the role that metrics play in their strategy. Be prepared to be inspired!
20 long-form content marketing ideas!
- A listicle article e.g. 'best of', '7 ways to', 'the ultimate guide to'
- A how-to article
- An interview
- A podcast episode
- A press release
- Survey results report
- A white paper
- An opinion piece on a trending topic
- A Q&A with a key member of staff
- An infographic with explainer notes
- A livestream announcing breaking news
- A webinar
- A piece to camera video outlining the why of a topic
- A top takeaways article following a conference or event
- An article on how to work with us
- A behind the scenes video
- A showcase video highlighting your pivotal role in public policy
- A profile of key people in your organisation
- A collaboration video showcasing the partners in a project
- A Twitter Chat takeaways article
WIN our Weekly Show Prize
Also, get a 50% discount on a course of your choice with us!
Thank You for Listening!
Thank you for tuning into episode #18. If you are a regular listener, please rate and review our show.
Don’t forget to get in touch with your questions. I love hearing from my listeners, don’t be a social media stranger. Tweet me at @JSTweetsDigital
If you would like to be a guest on the show, please get in touch. Email Joanne at email@example.com.
If you haven't already, please subscribe to The Public Sector Marketing Show or your preferred podcast platform.