If trust and transparency is the number one currency in the digital age, then reputation management has to be a close second. The value of your online reputation is directly linked to the level of public trust in your public sector or government agency. So it’s worthwhile putting a focus on it.
Coming up in Episode 22 of the Public Sector Marketing Show:
- > The role of digital communications in reputation management
- > How to manage your online reputation
- > The Do's and Don’ts of reputation management
- > I interview Niamh Boyle, founder of The Reputations Agency on their 2021 reputation study of 100 private and public sector organisations
[LISTEN TO EPISODE #22]If trust and transparency is the number one currency in the digital age, then reputation management has to be a close second. | #PublicSectorMarketingShow #PublicSectorMarketing #OnlineReputationClick To Tweet
[WATCH EPISODE #22]
Subscribe to The Public Sector Marketing Show or your preferred podcast platform.
I'd really like your opinion on this topic. Tweet me your views to @JSTweetsDigital. Don't forget to use the hashtag #PublicSectorMarketingShow
The role of digital communications in reputation management
Right now, there is a myriad of ways to get your message out, but it’s more difficult to control messaging relating to your agency and its work because of social media. The public voice has never been louder and stronger, and there a host of new platforms to get your head around.
But in this week’s column, I share how to leverage digital communications for better online reputation outcomes.
The Do's and Don’ts of Managing Your Online Reputation
- > Embrace the world of digital, so have a digital mindset
- > Have a proactive intention to improve and increase your online footprint
- > Have success metrics around reputation management, for example, public trust or viewed by the public as the single source of truth
- > Measure sentiment – positive, negative, and neutral
- > Content marketing will increase your online presence and allow you to deliver targeted messaging to specific audience segments
- > Review the data for actionable insights
- > Ignore an online crisis – it won’t go away by not reading social media
- > Go on the defense against the public
- > Turn off replies on Twitter
- > Underestimate the power of online reputation
Tune into my consulting segment to get all the insights!
Interview with Niamh Boyle
On today’s show, I’m joined by Niamh Boyle author of the RepTrak® Study 2021 and founder and Managing Director at The Reputations Agency based in Dublin.
The 12th annual study of the reputational standing of Ireland’s 100 largest, most important, and most visible organisations was undertaken between January and March 2021 and identified the organisations and sectors that the Irish public believes have performed best during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The results were revealed during a virtual thought leadership event hosted this morning by The Reputations Agency titled “Reputational Leadership Post Pandemic: The CEO View” and attended by a C-Suite audience of close to 200 people.
The twelfth annual Ireland RepTrak® 2021 study, the largest and longest-running study of reputation in Ireland, is based on the perceptions of over 6,500 members of the public and was completed between 21st January and 29th March 2021.
The study measures the level of trust, respect, admiration, and esteem the public has for 100 organisations in Ireland, along with close to 100 other reputation and brand indicators.
Read more about the RepTrak® Study 2021 here.
WIN our Weekly Show Prize
Also, get a 50% discount on a course of your choice with us!
Thank You for Listening!
Thank you for tuning into episode #22. If you are a regular listener, please rate and review our show.
Don’t forget to get in touch with your questions. I love hearing from my listeners, don’t be a social media stranger. Tweet me at @JSTweetsDigital
If you would like to be a guest on the show, please get in touch. Email Joanne at email@example.com.
If you haven't already, please subscribe to The Public Sector Marketing Show or your preferred podcast platform.