Do you want to know the number 1 digital strategy for the next 10 years?
It’s my go-to strategy for public sector marketing on client consulting projects and when writing strategy. You see, public engagement and trust-building is a long-game and it also has a legacy impact in terms of search engine optimisation.
In today’s show I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to interview the man that coined the phrase content marketing and we discuss how to show up online in service.
Also in Episode 28 of the Public Sector Marketing Show:
- > The #1 Digital Strategy for the Next 10 Years
- > If Content is King, Then Conversation is Queen
- > Great content examples from government and public sector to inspire you
- > I interview the godfather of Content Marketing Joe Pulizzi and we discuss Content Inc and the strategies you need to put in place to shine online
View this post on Instagram
So stay tuned, and let’s find out what you should be giving your attention to online.In Ep 28 I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to interview the man that coined the phrase content marketing! Learn how to show up online with purpose.| @JoePulizzi #ContentMarketing #PublicSectorMarketingShowClick To Tweet
Joanne’s Column: What is the number 1 strategy for the next 10 years?
Strategy Needs Action, Action Needs Decisiveness!
Too often, content is considered too much work, not worth the investment or not a priority. It is this mindset that is feeding the misinformation opportunity online. But when it is considered central to digital marketing strategy it’s a game-changer.
So if you decide to invest in content marketing strategy, you need to take action and implement. Strategy eats culture every time! So it’s imperative that a leadership prevails to execute and test every part of your content plan.
Here’s how I approach content implementation for my clients:
- Take the biggest public pain-point and turn it into a content product – a video series, a livestream, a Q&A webinar or a website landing page;
- Undertake keyword research and understand the questions the public are asking on search to get answers – this will help inform the title of your content series;
- Start with long-form content – video, audio or text;
- Repurpose into multiple formats – social content, short videos, graphics, audiograms;
- Amplify with social ads – reaching a niche target audience;
- Measure and iterate – the learnings from the action-taking will inform your next steps and how to scale content across other priority pillar messages.
So ask yourself, are we prioritising content marketing strategy? And are we taking decisive action to implement and get results across search and social.
Consulting: If Content is King, Then Conversation is Queen!
There are very many ways to start a conversation. Ask a question, conduct a poll, seek feedback, do a live Q&A or even host an interview. And if content is king in the Digital Age, then conversation must be queen! ☺ You want to show up online in two ways. Using content marketing as a way to master the #1 digital strategy for the next 10 years.
- As the authoritative voice in your subject area
- Seeking out and tuning into the public’s opinion and feedback
Here are three examples of public sector agencies who have mastered this art online.
European Commission Twitter Account
Money Advice and Budgeting Service Facebook Page
Greater Manchester Police Website
Watch my explainer video and find out why I’m sharing these channels as great examples of prompting citizen conversation online.
Interview with Joe Pulizzi, Godfather of Content Marketing and founder of Content Marketing Institute
On today’s show I’m joined by Joe Pulizzi, the godfather of Content Marketing. He coined that phrase and is the founder of Content Marketing Institute which he recently sold. He has written Content Inc and right now has just released an updated version. Listen to what Joe says about how content can transform your online communications.
Connect with. Joe on Social Media
@Joe Pulizzi LinkedIn
GET OUR EBOOK
Digital Marketing in the Public Sector - Out with the old, in with the new, how to further your career.
WIN our Weekly Show Prize
Also, get a 50% discount on a course of your choice with us!
Thank You for Listening!
Thank you for tuning into episode #28 to find out the number one digital strategy for the next 10 years. If you are a regular listener, please rate and review our show.
Don’t forget to get in touch with your questions. I love hearing from my listeners, don’t be a social media stranger. Tweet me at @JSTweetsDigital
If you would like to be a guest on the show, please get in touch. Email Joanne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you haven't already, please subscribe to The Public Sector Marketing Show or your preferred podcast platform.