Thank you to all our listeners of the Public Sector Marketing Show in 2022.
In 2022 our podcast grew; it won a national podcast award, and we are one of the top podcasts in the Government category. Many of you discovered us this year, proof that you need to commit to your podcast and not give up in the early days.
Consistency pays off EVERYTIME!
We are also an award-winning podcast and this year brought home Bronze in the Best Marketing Podcast category at the Irish Podcast Awards.
Spotify describe our listeners personality as enthusiastic. In fact, they say our listeners are superfans! When we release a new episode, they are the first to know and tune in.
These stats are for Spotify only, but remember we syndicate our podcast on all podcast platforms including, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, iHeart, TuneIn, Stitcher and over 40 more. So I include stats from our podcasting partner Captivate.FM.
2022 Public Sector Marketing Show podcast in review
Here’s our year in podcasting. You might want to emulate how we compile our podcasting annual report, so keep reading!
Did you know we also produce the Public Sector Marketing Show as a video podcast?
- 2,763 downloads in 2022
- Most listened on Apple podcasts (49%) and on mobile (75%); 16% listened on Chrome, while 12% listened on Spotify
- We are in the top 20% of all podcasts on Spotify – even though we are a niche podcast
- We published 1,043 minutes of content
- Our publishing rate is higher than 94% of government categories on Spotify
- The Public Sector Marketing Show is listened to in 26 countries
Top 5 countries are:
- United States
- United Kingdom
How influential is my podcast?
Did you know that if you get around 25-30 downloads a month, you’re already in the top 50% of podcasters in the world.
More detailed benchmarks:
Episode Downloads (first 7 days)
- > Top 1% of podcasts 3,994
- > Top 5% 795
- > Top 10% 335
- > Top 25% 93
- > Top 50% (Median podcast) 30
- > Podcast industry statistics show that an episode with 9,000 downloads across multiple streaming platforms earns a place in the top 5% of podcasts.
- > To make it into the top 10% of podcasts, an episode should gain approximately 3,400 downloads.
- > The average podcast, however, earns 141 downloads in the first month.
In 2022 we grew
- > 78% increase in podcast followers
- > 13% increase in podcast listeners
Our fans love the Public Sector Marketing Show
- > Top 10 podcast for 46 fans
- > Top 5 podcast for 5 fans
- > #1 podcast for 8 fans
Most listened show of 2022
Episode 44 - The Joe Rogan Effect That Will Impact Public Sector Comms in 2022. This was the first episode for 17% of my listeners. This episode had 345% more streams than any other episode.
Are you a fan or a superfan, have you not listened yet?
Please subscribe and leave a review, it helps other podcast listeners find us!