Hello and welcome to episode 91 of the Public Sector Marketing Show.
Hello, Happy New Year and welcome to Episode 91 of the Public Sector Marketing Show.
A new year and a new blank sheet, right?
What does your public sector marketing plan look like for the 2024?
Well, I’m here to tell you what’s in store.
Coming up in episode #91:
- ✍️ Column: Why You Need to Press Play on 2024
- 💬 Consulting: The Top 10 Public Sector Marketing Trends for 2024
- 🎙️ Interview: I speak to Stephanie Stahl, General Manager of Content Marketing Institute who reveals their top Content Marketing Trends of 2024.
Column | Why You Need to Press Play on 2024
What do I mean by 'you need to press play on 2024?' Well, I mean three things in particular:
- You need to lean into the discipline of mojo. MOJO stands for mobile journalism, and I really invite you to take a newsroom approach to your marketing and communications this year. Right now, video is dominating online news, information, entertainment, education. It's dominating as a content format. As a marketer, we've been saying for years, and this is a year of video, but it really is the year of short-form video explainer-type content where the public can really inform themselves, get a taster for what you're talking about, and then go to your website or your newsletter or your YouTube channel and to learn more by using the mojo approach or mobile journalism, you are already taking the lead in the story.
- Video views are a really compelling way for brand marketing. As a government organization, you can never take the public's awareness of what you do for granted. And so you really want to think about brand marketing. Yes, you may not be selling a product, but you are selling trust and transparency and accountability and video views are a great way to build that public awareness. And then video views are your engagement metric.
- I really am encouraging you to introduce a new approach to storytelling, again through video to move public perception or to change public behaviors. So what might that new approach be? Quite simply, it's senior leadership and it is subject matter experts going front of screen to be the newscasters and the reporters for your organization.
Consulting | The Top 10 Public Sector Marketing Trends for 2024
- 1️⃣ AI for government marketing
- 2️⃣ Digging into the data to inform your digital marketing strategy
- 3️⃣ Mobile video storytelling to stop the social media scroll
- 4️⃣ Repurpose Content
- 5️⃣ TikTok back in public sector and government
- 6️⃣ Instagram becomes the most popular and best performing social network by far for government and public sector
- 7️⃣ Adopt a newsroom approach to your PR and to your social media to make it scalable
- 8️⃣ A focus and investment in using technology, software, apps, desktop tools to drive your digital communications.
- 9️⃣ A fact-checking strategy
- 🔟 GA4
Interview | Stephanie Stahl, General Manager of Content Marketing Institute
I speak to Stephanie Stahl, General Manager of Content Marketing Institute who reveals their top Content Marketing Trends of 2024. Their comprehensive article has 67 predictions, from marketing experts from across the world - including my own – where I predict that TikTok will be a top search engine and research tool for content marketers in 2024.
Thank You for Listening!
Thank you for tuning into episode 91. If you are a regular listener, please rate and review our show.
Don’t forget to get in touch with your questions. I love hearing from my listeners, don’t be a social media stranger. Contact me at @JSTweetsDigital
If you would like to be a guest on the show, please get in touch. Email email@example.com.
If you haven't already, please subscribe to The Public Sector Marketing Show or your preferred podcast platform.