The Social Media Masterclass Series are short and practical but impactful 2.5 hour online sessions where we shortcut you to social media success on a range of social media topics. You will leave with a tailored plan for you and your organisation.
Mastering Social Media Strategy
Book this masterclass if you want to develop a social media strategy for your organisation or a specific campaign. It's also a valuable class to attend to review your current strategy.
- How to audit your existing social media presence and performance
- How to prepare a social media strategy
- How to segment audiences and prioritise channels
- How to plan content
- How to implement your plan
- How to measure success
Book this masterclass if you want to understand how to brand your organisation on the world's largest peer-to-peer social network as well as empowering staff to be advocates. Improve your professional profile and learn how to create content that engages.
- How to perfect and leverage personal LinkedIn profiles
- LinkedIn Company Pages and Showcase Pages
- LinkedIn etiquette
- When and how to launch a LinkedIn Group
- Video on LinkedIn
- LinkedIn Advertising
- Metrics on LinkedIn
Book this class if you are intending to set up or level up an Instagram account for your organisation or project. Understand how to use its video features from IGTV, to Livestreams, Reels and Stories and how to engage citizens.
- Maximising your Instagram profile
- How to increase followers and engagement on Grid & Stories
- Mastering IGTV and perfecting your channel
- How to use hashtags successfully
- Going live on Instagram
- Instagram Insights
Book this class if you want to introduce new tactics to run Twitter as your Digital PR newsroom. Corporate communications and reputation management as well as media relations is how you should approach your Twitter strategy.
- Perfecting your Twitter account
- How to craft Tweets that succeed
- Managing a PR crisis on Twitter
- Twitter’s best features for public relations
- Hashtags on Twitter
- Twitter Analytics
Book this class if you are using Facebook to engage a broad citizen base on public interest messaging. Understand how to increase organic reach and engagement and to manage public conversations with confidence. Leverage Facebook's extensive range of features from Stories, to Livestreams, Creator Studio and Advertising.
- How Facebook serves broad public-facing communications
- Building and managing communities on Facebook
- Growing your Page with citizen-centric content
- Video storytelling on Facebook
- Understanding Facebook’s range of platform features
- Facebook insights
Mastering Social Media Metrics & Reporting
Measuring social media success is often the number one challenge for public sector pros. Book this class if you want to create a success barometer for your organisation while understanding how to report and measure social media metrics.
- Meaningful social media metrics
- Hashtag metrics and campaign reporting
- Developing your own social media report template
- Presenting a social media report to management
Book a Masterclass For your Organisation
Book a Series of Masterclasses
We can also run these masterclasses for individual organisations with their own staff attending.
In-Company Group rate: €1000 / $1250 / £850 per masterclass for 15 people
Bundle price - buy 6 masterclasses and get 1 free: €5000 / $6000 / £4500
“Joanne’s engaging manner and breezy approach is underpinned by a detailed knowledge of her subject and informative case studies and best practice examples. The course sets social media within the context of wider strategic, organisational goals, performance measures and engagement tactics. It has provided an inspirational set of ideas and suggestions for developing our digital profile.”
Joanne Sweeney provides social media and digital marketing consulting and training to government agencies. A two-time published author, her books take a forensic look at how digital communications can be used for improved citizen engagement. Her current title Public Sector Marketing Pro has been described by Barack Obama’s former digital advisor, Tom Cochran as “the handbook I needed when in the White House.”
Joanne works with a broad range of government organisations across Europe. She has also developed her own accredited programmes - a 12-month Diploma in Digital Communications for Public Sector and a 6-week Certificate in Social Media Campaigns for Public Sector.
Her books are in policing and academic libraries across the world. With two decades of journalism, PR and media experience, Joanne’s digital skillset provide her with a rounded communications perspective in the Digital Age.
She is a preferred trainer for Google in Europe and is the organiser of the Public Sector Digital Marketing Summit in Ireland. She is a regular speaker at digital marketing conferences and events and has taken to stages in Brussels, San Francisco, Phoenix, London and Dublin.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?