The report captures and analyses the social media activity of 1,037 government agencies across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and YouTube over a 28-day period. Out of the 1,037 agencies analysed, 772 agencies had an analysable social media footprint.
Public sector marketing author, and founder of publicsectormarketingpros.com, Joanne Sweeney, prepared the report in conjunction with Public Sector Network (PSN) to get concrete evidence of the state of social media play in government communications.
• Author and practitioner, Joanne Sweeney compiles first ever analysis of Australia’s public sector social media footprint on behalf of Public Sector Network
• 188-page report analysis of 1,037 government bodies across three States and six social networks
• ‘The Australia Sample’ provides other jurisdictions a benchmark for social media success
• Eastern Australia’s most successful national government agencies on social media are Sydney Opera House, New South Wales Police and Queensland Police.
• City of Melbourne, City of Sydney and City of Brisbane are the most successful local government agencies on social media
• First benchmark of engagement rates for public sector social networks
• 25% of public sector bodies analysed have no social footprint
Do you want to get a deep-dive analysis of your organisation’s social networks?
With login and administrative rights, Joanne can undertake a more comprehensive audit of your social media accounts which will inform your 2020 strategy.
This can be complemented with a full website audit.
Get in touch. Simply email email@example.com
In this masterclass, you will be provided with a roadmap to increase your online community, deepen engagement levels, improve social storytelling techniques and be prepared for a PR crisis that starts or escalates online.
25 & 26 November 2019
30 January 2020