But what makes a good website?
- Does it answer the questions you came here for?
- Does it load fast on desktop and mobile?
- Is it easy to navigate?
- Does it build your interest and keep you engaged?
- Is it informative and relevant to you?
Step 1: Identification of candidates
First, a list of all websites was created. The data came from various data sources such as online directories and CMS systems (WordPress, Blogspot, etc.). Newspapers, trade magazines, portals and foreign websites were sorted out from the list of candidates.
Step 2: Relevance
From the remaining websites, all websites that published less than 5 posts per year were removed. In addition, websites with very low monthly traffic were sorted out.
Step 3: Extensive research
The remaining websites were reviewed by TGE-experts using objective and subjective criteria. The research catalog contained features in 4 categories. A points system was then used to determine the winners of the survey.
The evaluation criteria
The badge is given after an evaluation in four different areas:
UX / Usability
- Is the design and structure of the site pleasing?
- Is the website programmed in a functional way?
- Is the search function practical and is there an autocomplete?
Privacy and security
- Is personal data only collected, processed, used and passed on to third parties to the extent legally permitted or to which the user has given consent?
- Is information on the use of personal data provided in an understandable and accessible form?
- Is there information on data security (e.g. SSL)?
- How trust-inspiring is the website?
- Is there an imprint and a data protection statement and, if so, are they linked on the homepage?
Information content and research
- To what extent are the posts researched?
- Are there audiovisual elements (images, graphics, videos)?
- Is the content professionally produced?
- Who manages the website?
- How long has the website been running?
- How popular is the website?
Services and communication
- Is there interaction with readers (e.g., in comments)?
- Does the website offer other services (e.g., e-books or online courses)?
- Does the website have social media channels?
- How many followers does the website have on different platforms?
Results and criteria
- UX / Ease of Use
- Trust & Security
- Content & Research
- Services & Communication
Why is this award important?
- Build trust with new and existing clients
- Differentiation from our competitors
- Universally usable for our marketing material