Twitter has been dominating the social media headlines this month, not least because it’s going to be taken over by the richest man in the world!
Twitter is a powerful PR war room platform and crises are won and lost there.
In today’s show I’m exploring the role of Twitter for your PR strategy and as a former journalist this is a specialist topic for me.
Coming up in this episode:
- > Let’s talk about the Twitter Takeover by Elon Musk
- > What is Twitter influence?
- > How can Twitter support your PR efforts?
- > I speak to Inspector Antoinette Cunningham, General Secretary of the Association of Garda Sergeants and Inspectors about the role of Twitter in her position as head of an representative organisation
Column | The Great Twitter Takeover
In this week’s column I discuss Elon Musk’s intended Twitter takeover.
What does it mean for users, what does it mean for digital diplomacy?
Column | Why Twitter is an Effective PR Tool
- It’s the social network favoured by journalists
- It’s a news-breaking social network
- Commentators and influencers are discussing topics of interest
- It’s the perfect social listening platform to prevent or ignite a crisis
- The leadership voice is critical on Twitter
- Hashtags help segment topics and conversations
- It takes the temperature of the public as a snapshot of public opinion
Interview with Antoinette Cunningham
In this episode I am joined by Inspector Antoinette Cunningham, General Secretary of the Association of Garda Sergeants and Inspectors.
Antoinette’s work involves her advocating for welfare, pay and conditions for her AGSI members, working in Ireland’s police force.
Follow Antoinette on Twitter @antoabs
Podcasting for Public Sector
Podcasting is growing with exceptional momentum as social audio is embedded into citizens' everyday lives. In this free webinar, Joanne will share the podcasting method she has developed over six years of podcasting, plus as a former broadcast journalist.
What you will learn:
WIN our Weekly Show Prize
Also, get a 50% discount on a course of your choice with us!
Thank You for Listening!
Thank you for tuning into episode #63 to find out Twitter as a PR Tool. If you are a regular listener, please rate and review our show.
Don’t forget to get in touch with your questions. I love hearing from my listeners, don’t be a social media stranger. Tweet me at @JSTweetsDigital
If you would like to be a guest on the show, please get in touch. Email Joanne at email@example.com.
If you haven't already, please subscribe to The Public Sector Marketing Show or your preferred podcast platform.