Hello and welcome to episode 89 of the Public Sector Marketing Show.
It’s time for our Christmas Special! 🤶
The jingle bells are ringing, and my nerves are jangling! I am ready for my festive break. ☺
A few weeks ago, I asked my Instagram followers for some ideas for this special episode and in fairness, they had some great ideas.
But a few stood out. ☺
So, we are stepping aside from the serious Joanne talks digital, to the fun version of Joanne Grants Christmas Wishes to the Public and Public Sector Marketing Pros!
Let’s see how it goes!
So, coming up in the 2023 Christmas Special of the Public Sector Marketing Show:
- The Department of Christmas Cheer make some Christmas wishes would come true for public sector pros
- Public Sector Marketing Institute is nominating some new Government Departments for 2024 and we get a reaction from our Taoiseach Leo Varadkar
- I’m joined by two influencers who help me gift new Ministries – but will the nominees take their new jobs?
And Niall, the Public Sector Marketing Show editor, has my bloopers and best bits from a year of podcasting.I hope you stick around!
Coming up in episode #89:
- ✍️ Column: Proposed New Government Departments for 2024
- 💬 Consulting: Top 10 Christmas Wishes from Public Sector Pros
Column | Proposed New Government Departments for 2024
The Public Sector Marketing Show is so serious, that I wanted to inject some fun into our Christmas special, so here’s some ideas for new Government Departments for 2024. And to nominate new Ministers heading up those Departments, I asked a few ‘influencer’ friends to help me out.
We met at the Christmas Market in Eyre Square to make the all-important decisions.
Let me know what you think!
Consulting | Top 10 Christmas Wishes from Public Sector Pros
Almost every working day of 2023 I spoke with a public sector pro.
And every time without fail I hear about a woe or a potential win, but there is just something that they need to get it over the line.
So, I decided to use the Christmas Consulting segment to count up the ‘wishes’ from those of you working in government and public sector marketing, communications, project management or leadership.
Introducing the Top 10 Wishes of Public Sector Pros for 2024:
Starting at 10 and moving to the top wish, here we go.
- 🔟 Access to their own website for content management and analytics (some are still under the control of IT departments)
- 9️⃣ New this year – the ability to test and learn with Ai
- 8️⃣ Internal teams to support comms by contributing content and going front of screen
- 7️⃣ Senior leadership to recognize the value of social media
- 6️⃣ Access to hardware – up-to-date smartphones, tripods, editing apps, mics
- 5️⃣ More time to prioritise social media (this is a headcount and workload issue)
- 4️⃣ Access to TikTok
- 3️⃣ Investment in Software Apps and Tools
- 2️⃣ Training and upskilling
- 1️⃣ More investment in communications overall – comms teams prevent a crisis, save you in a crisis and are there to deliver the public interest messages that the public need, deserve and want. Make 2024 the year you invest in your communications and marketing departments. It’s the best ROI for taxpayers’ money.
So, what do you think, what would you add?
Thank You for Listening! Merry Christmas! 🎄
Thank you for tuning into episode 89. If you are a regular listener, please rate and review our show.
Don’t forget to get in touch with your questions. I love hearing from my listeners, don’t be a social media stranger. Contact me at @JSTweetsDigital
If you would like to be a guest on the show, please get in touch. Email email@example.com.
If you haven't already, please subscribe to The Public Sector Marketing Show or your preferred podcast platform.